After the success of Magisk v15.0, the developers of this firmware are now ready to introduce the new and updated version Magisk v15.2. This version has more advanced features from the previous version and you can easily install it on your phone. In this latest version,developerhas fixed the boot loop issue which caused on some devices likeor 5T. The Magisk v15.2 also included the new SELinux policy rules which improve the MagiskHide support ondevices.
Magisk is a powerful tool which will provide multiple solutions for most of your problems and also helps in enhancing the performance of your Android Mobile Phone. Also, theis considered as the biggest replacement for SuperSU rooting app which is developed by Chainfire. This app not only gives you the access to root your phone but also has more features as compared to SuperSU.
The updated Magisk v15.2 is stable enough to use on a daily driver phone. With the use of this, you can easily add various modules to customize the inner experience same as Xposed Framework did. The developers of Magisk has done very hard work for adding up many new features with which you can do various things along with root. Also, this allows you to hide root and root-enabled apps from Android’s SafetyNet API, bank apps, and various other security apps.
Magisk also allows you to get root access without modifying the system partition just like Systemless root. Also, you will get OTA update even after the device is rooted. With Magisk, you get more control, and also use Android Pay with root. In this article, I am going to provide you the full guide for downloading and Installing the Magisk v15.2 updated version successfully for rooting of the phone.
Changelog for the Updated Magisk v15.2
- [MagiskBoot] Fix dtb verity patches, should fix dm-verity boot loops on newer devices placing fstabs in dtb
- [MagiskPolicy] Add new rules for proper Samsung support, should fix MagiskHide
- [MagiskInit] Support non skip_initramfs devices using split sepolicies (e.g. Zenfone 4 Oreo)
- [Daemon] Use specific logcat buffers, some devices does not support all log buffers
- [scripts] Update scripts to double check whether boot slot is available, some devices set a boot slot without A/B partitions
- [MagiskBoot] Fix faulty code in ramdisk patches which causes boot loops in some config and fstab format combos
- [Daemon] Fix the bug that Magisk cannot properly detect /data encryption state
- [Daemon] Add merging /cache/magisk.img and /data/adb/magisk_merge.img support
- [Daemon] Update to upstream libsepol to support cutting-edge split policy custom ROM cil compilations
How to Root Android using Magisk v15.2 with TWRP Recovery
Now, let’s check out the steps for Rooting an Android Phone using Magisk v15.2.
Step 1: First, download the latest TWRP Recovery on your Android Phone.
Step 2: Now, download theby clicking on the link.
Step 3: After the file is downloaded, now the next step to transfer the file to your Android Phone.
Step 4: Once the file is transferred, now you disconnect your phone from the PC.
Step 5: Now, you have to boot your phone into recovery mode. For Booting your phone into, first, switch off your phone and then hold down the Power key, Bixby button, and Volume Up simultaneously. Now release the button after few seconds and you should see options where you can select “Recovery“, now your phone will boot into custom recovery which you installed.
Step 6: In TWRP Recovery Mode, press the Install button to flash the Magisk v15.2.zip file. Now, navigate to the downloaded file which you have transferred in Step 3.
Step 7: After the selection of zip file, now you have to swipe the button on the screen to root your phone using Magisk 15.2 update.
Once the process is completed, the phone will reboot again and you can start using modules to enjoy additional features. Hope you have successfully installed the latest Magisk v15.2 on your android phone.
So, this is all for this article. If you have any query related to rooting your Android Phone using Magisk, then please comment below. We will definitely help you in the best possible way. If you find this article helpful, then please share it on social media and also with your friends.
Thanks for reading this article. For more rooting guides like this, stay tuned with us.